Incredible vegan Turkish pizzas inspired by Lahmacun.
2 tbs Vegetable Oil
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
1 Red Chilli, finely chopped
4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
3 tsp Sea Salt
Half a Large Aubergine/Eggplant, cut small
2 cups/220g Vegan Mince
1 tbs Sweet Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Ground All Spice
1 tsp Ground Cumin
2 tsp Dried Rose Petals
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 cups/480ml Water
4 tbs Tomato Puree
Handful Greek Basil, roughly chopped
Handful Fresh Thyme, roughly chopped
Handful Flat Leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
Zest & Juice of Half a Lemon
2 tsp Dried Chilli, for extra spice (optional)
Mint Yoghurt Dip
Handful Fresh Mint
Half a Cucumber, seeds removed and cubed small
1 tsp Paprika
1 cup/200g Non Dairy Yoghurt
Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Sauté the onion, chilli, garlic & aubergine over a medium heat in a large saucepan with the sea salt for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the vegan mince & spices to the pan & allow everything to cook for a further 4 minutes stirring often so nothing burns.
- Deglaze the pan with the water and tomato puree. Then add the herbs & lemon.
- Cook the mix for 5-6 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Roll your bread dough and spread generous amounts of the sauce over the top.
- Bake in a pre heated oven set at 220 degrees C for 10-12 minutes.
- For the yoghurt dip, simply add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix.
- Top your cooked pizzas with a drizzle of the yoghurt, pomegranate seeds, rocket, fresh mint & pistachio nuts.