Prawn toasts, veganised!!!!
2 Punnets Mixed Mushrooms
1 sheet Nori, blitzed into small pieces
1 Shallot, chopped fine
1/2 cup White Wine
Juice 1 Lemon
3/4 cup Creamy Non Dairy Milk
6 Slices White Bread
2 cup Mixed Sesame Seeds
4-5 tbs Sesame Oil, for frying
MethodWatch Tutorial Video
- Pre heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add a touch of sesame oil then the shallot & mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the seasoning, nori, lemon & white wine. Cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the mushroom mix to a blender, with the milk. Blitz until it forms a paste like consistency. Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Spread the mushroom mix onto your slices of bread.
- Generously sprinkle sesame seeds over the mushroom. Add press them on with your hands.
- Heat a large non stick pan over a low heat and add some sesame oil. Carefully place a slice into the pan and cook on both sides for 3 minutes.
- Once the toasts have been fried, place them onto a baking tray then into the over for 12 minutes.
- Serve the toasts once baked with a sauce of your choice.