I show you how to make vegan children’s meals. Super tasty, easy to make & healthy vegan food for children. These vegan recipes are low in salt, high in nutrients whilst being exciting & flavoursome.
Quick Kids Bolognese
Ingredients (makes 6 children’s portions)
2 Sticks Celery
1 Punnet of Button Mushrooms
1 tsp Miso Paste
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 Large Jar Passata or 2 cans of Chopped Tomatoes
1 tbs Tomato Puree
1 tin Lentils, drained.
Pasta or Rice
Ingredients (To make approximately 6 pizzas)
1 cup Passata, or tomato sauce.
Handful Sliced Mixed Peppers
1 Red Onion Sliced
1 cup Vegan Cheese
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 tin Butterbeans, drained
1 cup Cooked Chickpeas
Roasted Red Peppers from a Jar + Water
1 tbs Mixed Herbs
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/2 tsp Paprika
Lots of Dipping Vegetables
For the bolognese;
- Add the onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic & carrot to a ninja blender and blitz until fine.
- Pre heat a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the blitzed vegetables.
- Cook the mix for around 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in a pinch of pepper and the miso paste.
- Add the dried mixed herbs, followed by the passata.
- I add a touch of water to loosen the sauce.
- Simmer the mix for around 10 minutes – stirring every now & then.
- Add the lentils & tomato puree.
- Allow the bolognese too cook out for a further 6 minutes, before serving with pasta.
- Left overs can be refrigerated for 4 days, or placed in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For the pizza;
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place your tortilla’s on baking trays, top with the pasta & colourful vegetables that you kids enjoy & some grated vegan cheese.
- Place the pizza into your oven for around 13-15 minutes & serve.
For the dip;
- Add the drained beans & chickpeas to your ninja blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blitz until smooth then serve with you prepared dipping vegetables.
- Dip can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.