TERIYAKI VEGAN CHICKEN STIR FRY #Gazs15MinuteMeals
5 tbs Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup/60ml Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
1/4 cup/60ml rice vinegar
1 tsp Dried Garlic
Thumb sized Piece of Ginger, chopped small
1 cup Water
2 tbs Cornflour, mixed with water
Stir Fry Ingredients
2 tbs Sesame Oil, or cooking oil of your choice
1 cup Vegan Chicken or Meat Replacement of your choice
1 Red Bell Pepper, Deseeded & cut fine
Handful Baby Corn, sliced down the middle
1 Red Onion, sliced fine
1 Carrot, sliced fine
1 Courgette, sliced fine
2 Baby Pak Choi
Sprinkle of Sesame Seeds
Handful Toasted Cashew Nuts
Method Watch Tutorial Video
- Add all the sauce ingredients (accept the corn flour mixture) to a saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over a low heat to bubble away for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop your vegetables.
- Whisk the cornflour mixture into the sauce mix, let the sauce bubble away until it thickens to a glaze like consistency.
- Pre heat a wok or large saucepan over a high heat and add the oil.
- When the pan is hot add the vegan chicken, followed by a couple spoonfuls of the sauce. Glaze the vegan chicken for a minute or so before adding the stir fry vegetables.
- Wok fry the mixture for 3-4 minutes before adding enough sauce to nicely coat all the vegetables.
- Once the vegetables are cooked and nicely glazed, serve the stir fry with cooked rice & a sprinkling of sesame seeds & cashew nuts.